- Where will Mandiri Sungailiat Triathlon 2020 be held?
The race start and finish will take place at Tanjung Pesona Beach, Sungailiat-Bangka.
- How does one register for the race?
Click here to register.
- What distance categories are available in the race?
Standard Distance (1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run)
Relay (1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run)
Sprint Distance (750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run)
Duathlon (5km run, 20km bike, 5km run)
- When does race registration open?
Registration will open 24 February 2020 and closed on 25 March 2020 or when the race quota is met.
- How much is the Sungailiat Triathlon registration fee?
Click here to view Sungailiat Triathlon registration fee.
- What is the content of race pack for this race?
Click here to view contents of race pack.
- What is Relay?
Relay is a team-format race where a team of 2-3 athletes takes a turn in completing each discipline of standard distance triathlon (1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run)
- What if a foreign national interested in taking part in the race?
A foreign national is allowed to take part in all of the categories and has the right to win the prizes.
- What are the participant’s entitlements for the race?
- Entry to run in the Official Mandiri Sungailiat Triathlon 2020
- Race pack (BIB number, Jersey, Swimming cap, Helmet number, Bike tag, Chip and Tattoo)
- Carbo loading dinner
- Post-race lunch
- Post-race dinner
- How do I know if my entry to the race has been accepted?
Upon successful registration and payment, an entry confirmation will show up on your screen to be printed. Participants will also receive a confirmation in the form of an email that is sent to the address indicated. Please make sure that you enter a valid email address.
- Once I am a confirmed participant of the race, can I withdraw myself from the race?
Yes, you may withdraw yourself from the race. No refund will be issued. You are still entitled to your race packet.
- What is the race withdrawal policy?
Participants who missed the race or withdraw themselves from the race will not receive any refund. The entry slot may not be transferred to another party.
- Can I change my race category once I am in the race?
You cannot change your race category once you are registered. If you would like to race in a different category, you will have to register yourself in that new category.
- Can I change the information on my registration once I am a confirmed participant?
Yes. Change of data can be done as long as registration is still open. Requests for change of data can be emailed to email@example.com along with the information that you would like to be changed. In a change of data, the race committee reserves the right to validate the information with the participant to ensure accuracy.
- What if the confirmation email is deleted by accident?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will resend the confirmation email.
- What methods of payment will be accepted with the race registration?The participant will have to pay using a credit card during the online registration process. If you do not have access to a credit card, please contact email@example.com for help.
- What are in a race packet?
Click here to view the race packet contents.
- Where and when can I collect my race packet?
All participants have to collect their race packets during the scheduled race packet collection days
Race packet collection schedule:
- Location: Auditorium Depati Amir, Tanjung Pesona Resorts Sungailiat – Bangka
- Day/Date: Friday, 10 April 2020
- What should I bring when collecting the Race Pack?
The original proof of identity is a KTP / SIM / Passport / KITAS. Confirmation of retrieval in print or digital form.
- Is race pack collection mandatory?
Yes. Inside the race pack will be the Mandiri Sungailiat Triathlon 2020 BIB number, Jersey, Swimming cap, Helmet number, Bike tag, Chip and Tattoo. All of the items that must be worn during the race.
- Do I have to attend the Mandatory Race Briefing?
Just as important as the race pack itself, attending the race briefing is mandatory. There is a technical aspect of the course that participants will need to know prior to the start of the race. We will hold 2 briefing sessions on Friday, 10 April 2020. Please make sure that you attend one of them
- When must I rack my bike?
All bicycles are to be placed on the bike rack inside the transition area on the night of Friday, 10 April 2020. If you don’t think you can rack the bike by this time, please contact us.
- Can I have someone else collect my race pack on my behalf?
Yes. The person collecting your race pack must bring:
- Copy of entry confirmation
- Copy of participant’s ID Card
- Letter of Authorization
- Letter of authorization can be downloaded here
- Someone can only collect a maximum of 3 race packs
- Can race pack be collected on race day?
No. The logistics of moving uncollected packs to the race start is too complicated. Please make sure you collect your race pack during the collection period.
- Will there be a bag deposit?
Yes, there will be a bag deposit tent on race day.
- Does the timing chip need to be returned after the race?
No, the timing tag does not have to be returned, unless indicated otherwise.
- How is the race course like?
Click here to view race course.
- What is the maximum time to finish the race?
- COT Standard Distance and Relay: 5-6 hours
- COT Sprint Distance: 3-4 hours
- COT Duathlon: 3-4 hours
- What will participants receive upon completing the race?
Race finishers are entitled to finisher medal.
- Is there a size chart for Sungailiat Triathlon 2019?
The size chart for Sungailiat Triathlon race t-shirt can be seen on the registration page.
- What drinks will be available on the course during the race?
Isotonic (Electrolytes) and mineral water will be served in hydration points along the course and refreshment tent at the finish.
- Can I bring my pet on course?
No. Pet is not allowed on the race course.
- Are participants allowed to use a bicycle, roller skate or baby carriage during the race?
- How many participants will attend this year’s Race?
We are expecting around 500 runners racing in all categories this year.
- What about the division of age group champions?
Age Groups are divided by:
- What prizes will be given to podium winners of each category?
Prizes will be available to overall winners and age group winners of each category. Click here to see race prizes.
- Will there be road closures?
Yes. There will be road closures and temporary closures along the course. The complete information will be shared on sungailiat-triathlon.com or on the race guide to be collected during race pack collection.
- Will car parking be available?
Parking information will be shared later on the website.
- Where can I get additional information about the race?
You can visit sungailiat-triathlon.com for more information.
- Whom can I contact for more information?
You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill Contact Us form provided in this link to ask about specific information about the race.